Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
massive shell collection for sale
04-18-2010, 12:10 PM,
This is my first time here, so I'm not sure how it works. The other day I was cleaning out my Dad's garage and I ran across what can only be described as a boat load of shells. Huge conchs, spider conchs and 50 other kinds I've never seen before. To me it appears that there are enough to start a small shell shop. Any feedback on what to do? Thanks much!

04-18-2010, 07:10 PM,
Where do you live?
Dave
04-19-2010, 02:32 PM,
Thanks, I was just wondering if there was anyone in your area that could help. I am on the other side of the pond unfortunately so I am afraid I can't be of much help. Most of the American shell collectors live near the coast, you are about as far away as you can get!
The thing to do would be  to look at some of the dealers lists which will give you an idea of species and prices. Then you could try Shellauctions.net or even ebay. Then again you could always put a post in the 'Shells buying/selling' page here.
Cheers and good luck,
Dave
04-19-2010, 08:54 PM,
Dave,  I live in Jefferson Ohio, near cleveland

04-20-2010, 08:55 PM,
Dave, Thanks for your help, I think I'll do just that. Nice to meet you and I appreciate the input.
04-22-2010, 08:15 PM,
Dear Shellguy, making quality digital photos of your collection is advisable too. Than interested shellcollectors can see what you have to offer!
04-24-2010, 10:05 AM,
Bart, thank You I'll do that