Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mytilus trossulus?
01-13-2013, 02:30 AM,
Re: Mytilus trossulus?
Francesc and I were only in Copenhagen for 3 days, and while Francesc's sister was at the university we did our own thing. We visited the Natural History Museum (I wanted to see how their shell collection faired against mine Wink ). We also went to the Amber Museum, the Guiness World Records Museum and the Ice Bar. We didn't really have much time. We had wanted to go to the Viking Museum, but it was too far away.

I think that you were really lucky to find Cyprina arctica and Modiolus modiolus; I found lots of Mya arenaria and also Cerastoderma. However, the Cerastoderma I found are pretty coloured, and I was wondering if there was a possibility they could be Cerastoderma glaucum. I know I have asked this before with some Cerastoderma I found at the Ebro Delta, but any pointers on how I can distinguish the two Cerastoderma?

To be honest, the best thing for me was the Christmas spirit. Sadly I lost my mother two years ago at Christmas to cancer, and seeing all the Christmas trees and the decorations and light brought back a bit of the essence of celebration I had lost. So, for me and in this sense, it was great!

Thanks for replying! Smile

Best wishes,

Emma.

Messages In This Thread
Mytilus trossulus? - by Emma - 01-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Re: Mytilus trossulus? - by dave r - 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Re: Mytilus trossulus? - by dave r - 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Re: Mytilus trossulus? - by Emma - 01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Re: Mytilus trossulus? - by dave r - 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Re: Mytilus trossulus? - by Emma - 01-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Re: Mytilus trossulus? - by dave r - 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM