Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identify Specimens Margarita Island
06-05-2017, 11:38 PM,
Identify Specimens Margarita Island
Greetings from the Island of Margarita-Venezuela fellow forum, I am writing to you to know about these small sea snails. I am new to this area but I am interested in knowing your names and families .. Thanks ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

06-06-2017, 12:30 AM,
RE: Identify Specimens Margarita Island
(06-05-2017, 11:38 PM)josefelixmarcano Wrote: Greetings from the Island of Margarita-Venezuela fellow forum, I am writing to you to know about these small sea snails. I am new to this area but I am interested in knowing your names and families .. Thanks ...

Hello !
I visited Venezuela in the past once and I had the chance to snorkle a little. I found several nice shells during the day. I did not visited Margarita island though. I am mainly specialized in cones and cowries. The only shell I can identify is the small TRIVIA on the bottom right : Pusula pediculus (Linnaeus, 1758) Coffeebean Trivia.
look there : http://www.gastropods.com/3/Shell_243.shtml

Happy Shelling,
DAVID
06-07-2017, 09:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017, 02:39 PM by paul monfils.)
RE: Identify Specimens Margarita Island
Hello. Welcome to the site.

All the shells except the one David identified are in the family Marginellidae. The first one (upper left) appears to be Persicula porcellana. The next one is a Prunum species, but too worn and faded to be sure of the species. The other five are all Persicula interruptolineata.

Paul