Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HI
03-21-2011, 11:41 PM,
HI
Hi there everybody.
I live in the northwest of Australia and have been collecting shells for 7-8years. I mainly target Murex shells but of course I come across many other families in my travels.

Here are a couple of nice, large, orange trivialis.
[Image: 009.jpg]
[Image: 010.jpg]

It is very difficult to find large examples of this shell in mint condition and as such these two have some flaws. None the less, they are exceptional examples and happen to be the largest I have found in the orange color. They are around the 60mm mark (one is over one is under) and honestly when next to a shell that is 50mm, they make it look tiny.

Some bednalli from last year. All over 75mm  ;D (long gone before you ask)
[Image: DSCF8762.jpg]

Hope you enjoyed the pics and i look forward to being an active member. 8)

03-22-2011, 04:21 AM,
Re: HI
Wow! Superb Murex! If you ever fancy exchanging give me a shout, I collect Muricidae myself and would love a decent trivialis. An ordinary brown one would do! There are a few nice Murex from down your way, and a few other shells too.
Cheers,
Dave
03-22-2011, 05:17 PM,
Thanks for the welcome, Dave. I should be able to rustle up a nice brown trivi for yah Wink
Is there any other shell collecting forums on the net that you know about?
03-23-2011, 03:02 AM,
That would be very much appreciated mate. Yes there are a few other forums but not many in English. Send me a personal message and I will give you my email address so we can have a proper chat. I will look up some of those forums too
Cheers,
Dave

03-24-2011, 04:20 PM,
Did my PM come through, Dave?
04-03-2011, 04:29 PM,
Enjoyed your pictures, lovely colors. keep posting Smile
Hope I could soon post my murex pictures too.
04-11-2011, 05:58 AM,
Hi !

Many thanks, these are really amazing murex ! Keep divind and beware of sharks  Tongue

DAVID