12-19-2010, 08:50 PM,
philippines
hi everyone. i live in the philippines and have started a small
seashell business. i hope to learn alot here, maybe get help
identifying some species!

fe

12-20-2010, 04:33 AM,
Re: philippines
Hi Fe, good luck with your venture, you have a lot of competition out there! If you need help identifying things this is the place to ask, just send a photo with size and locality data. Someone is sure to be able to help!
Cheers,
Dave
12-20-2010, 03:45 PM,
ok we are organizing our shells to put in our website. we'll get back soon..

thanks,
fe
04-11-2011, 05:57 AM,
Hello,

Soon seashell-collector website will handle online shop. This might help Smile

DAVID

05-20-2011, 03:53 AM,
:Smilehi! i was just thinking what is better buying seashells or collecting it by yourself? ive been collecting shells for the past 20 years here in the phillipines,and i am proud to say that i collect it by my own, i think it is more better if you collect it personally,coz there is a challenge and excitment to it. and of course less seashells will be taken and probably protect  common or endangered species...well i was just thinking :Smile
05-20-2011, 09:20 AM,
That is a very interesting comment! For those lucky enough to live in a place like the Philippines collecting tropical shells like yours would be fun and also interesting, but for those of us like me who live in the cold of England our shells are very dull and boring for the most part. SO if I want beautiful tropical shells I have to buy them as I can't afford to visit the Philippines myself. Also as I collect mainly Muricidae to get a good collection myself would entail travelling all over the world, something I could never afford in a million years! I do collect British shells myself and do enjoy collecting them but the British Isles are so cold and the fauna not half as good as yours.
Dave
05-21-2011, 04:06 AM,
Winkthanks dave, i didnt think of that scenario. you are right we both have differrent location, lucky for as here in the phil. we have a good tropical seas,thanks again for your insights :Smile

11-07-2011, 01:56 AM,
Dear Fe,
You have many fellow-dealers in your country. However, it is my experience that some of them have their own special shells from their own region. Do you have any?
11-10-2011, 12:10 AM,
"Bart"' Wrote:Dear Fe,
You have many fellow-dealers in your country. However, it is my experience that some of them have their own special shells from their own region. Do you have any?

Hi all !
Effectively, you are lucky Smile I was when I was living in Martinique and Tahiti... but any travel I make, I try to fly to tropical islands... Smile as I only collect shells I find !

cheers
DAVID