Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macrocypraea zebra / Hexaplex fulvescens
11-02-2009, 11:43 AM,
Macrocypraea zebra / Hexaplex fulvescens
<blockquote><p><b>Quote :</b><table width="80%" border="1" style="border-color:#000099;background-color:#CCD4EC" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="petit">marlo wrote : Any chance you can post a photo of your 6 meter <i>M. zebra</i>?

That would be bigger than the 4.5 meter <i>H. fulvescens</i> I recently found munching on a one meter <i>M. cervus</i>.  </td></tr></table></p></blockquote>

Dear Marlo,

I take 26 years collecting shells , i possibly have some that i bet you have never seen or you´ll see at your life time .
I have never expended a fortune for a shell and i even self collected an albino form of Voluta musica , wich no catalogue has a price for it . It is called Voluta musica forma damula ; a fresh dead and extremely rare one .

So, as you see i am used to every kind of shells but my interests are mostly in Muricidae and Volutidae.

26 years are not the same as 26 days, and i take this too much seriously to waste my time in nonsense dialogs.

I am a professional marine biologist who interests about data ( size ; habitat )  and this it is an important feature.

If you want to talk about shells , be my guest . Maybe we have something to learn with each other , who knows ?

Messages In This Thread
Macrocypraea zebra / Hexaplex fulvescens - by pilsbryi - 11-02-2009, 11:43 AM