Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anybody please help with identification?
03-09-2010, 09:53 PM,
Can anybody please help with identification?
Thank you Mikede, Xbonet and Paul for all your help.
Firstly, Mikede: I looked on the Brazilian web site, and came to the same conclusion as Paul: A. chemnitzi. The other is not S. solida, I wish it were (it would make things a lot easier), it has a bit of purple colouring inside, and on the outside, ridges, a bit like V. verrucosa or nux. So, it is not smooth. Thank you again for your help.
Secondly, Xbonet, me había planteado que podrían ser zebrina detrita, pero no estaba segura. La otra concha no parece columbellidae, sino más bien una pisania, aunque no sé cuál.Gracis de nuevo por tu ayuda.
Thirdly, Paul: I can't find another image of H. sieboldii to compare. I said it is probably from Philippines, because the person who sold it to me had purchased it from conchology.inc. It was a wild guess. The shell is about 60-70 mm. long.
I don't believe it is x. konoi, as I have one and there is no visible resemblance, nor does the other seem to be X.solarioides. I agree on c. senatorius. Thank you again for your help.

Messages In This Thread
Can anybody please help with identification? - by lulu.shell - 03-09-2010, 09:53 PM