Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW WARNING !!
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM,
NEW WARNING !!
I agree with pilsbryi, do not buy from dubious sellers... and I like to add some more as follows.

- If you are really need to buy from a dealer you have never known before, don't pay with wire transfer (Western Union) or bank transfer (Swift).

- Consider to pay with PayPal, Google checkout, and buy with a little amount for the first time.

- In case of PayPal, check the seller profile before making the payment. Beware the new opened PayPal account.

- Ask the seller some information about the shells offered or another angle of view photo of the shells, I believe that most of cheaters do not know much about shells.

- It is more reliable if the seller also sell their shells through other third party venue like eBay, Shellauction. And you may make the first buy through those venue because there are some protections provided by the third party.

- The real dealers will always try to protect their reputation, so if the seller has tried hard to convinced you to buy, he may be a scammer.

- Do not click on any link in the email message from the suspects, it may lead you to a fake web page and try to steal your personal information (phishing).

Well, that are some suggestions poped up in my mind in a few minutes. I have the last thing for you to consider: "in the internet world, we are living among a vast and various species, so many predators out there, we have to know how to protect ourselves."

Regards,
Pichest

Messages In This Thread
NEW WARNING !! - by petershell - 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
NEW WARNING !! - by pilsbryi - 06-06-2009, 10:06 AM
NEW WARNING !! - by Guest - 09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
NEW WARNING !! - by pichest - 09-29-2009, 01:48 PM