Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best source for identifying seashells?
05-17-2017, 11:39 PM,
Best source for identifying seashells?
I am new to this forum and group. I have acquired a collection of seashells that I ran across at a garage sale. I am astounded at the beauty of these shells and never thought I would become interested in them. But I found out that as I get older (I am now 77) everything of beauty interests me as a collectible. Good for me but not for my wife who knows well my weakness for collecting everything under the sun.
Anyway, if someone could answer my post on what the best book is for identifying seashells, I would appreciate it. I believe that most of these are from the U.S. and perhaps a number of them are from Florida since this is where the lady I bought them from lives. Some of them are very beautiful! It appears that she was into creating shell pictures using these shells as there were a lot of very tiny shells that had some glue still attached to them. I didn't get a chance to talk much to her but by the looks of the shells she sold me, she was also into collecting them.
From time to time, I will post some photos of them and I must tell you that since I am really into stamps and coins, I probably won't be able to put the money into collecting seashells so might be selling some of them through this venue. But, first, I must be able to identify them or at least the better ones. Thanks for allowing me into this forum David Touitou!
P.S. Tried to post some photos but all of mine are over the limit so couldn't post any at this time. If you are interested in seeing some of the shells, email me and I will send some. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Best source for identifying seashells? - by omega2012 - 05-17-2017, 11:39 PM