Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you display your shells?
06-16-2010, 06:27 PM,
How do you display your shells?
I have been storing my cypraea collection in small plastic bags similar to those used by dealers with the data tag in its own separate bag to keep it from coming into contact with the shell itself. I've recently commissioned my first cabinet and have started to transition some of them into small plastic hinged boxes with polyester foam inserts. I originally choose black as opposed to blue for aesthetic reasons but have heard from two sources that this color damaged the shell surface that came in contact with it over time. As a precaution I've put a piece of polyester felt between the shell and the pad. All of my boxes were purchased from Althor (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.althor.com/">http://www.althor.com/</a><!-- m -->)  in NY and they were very friendly with me over the phone. They also provided me with a catalog which made deciding on sizes a little easier. I could not find a good size for larger shells but they have several excellent options for smaller shells under 2 inches. They stock several sizes continuously and will sell you smaller lots of them. One of the sizes I wanted could only be purchased as a production run of 250 boxes but I have been able to use most of them and will surely use them all eventually. Their web order form states a minimum order of $100 but I have placed smaller orders over the phone. Perhaps this is an option?

Rex

Messages In This Thread
How do you display your shells? - by ex-traveler - 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
How do you display your shells? - by marlo - 02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
How do you display your shells? - by dave r - 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
How do you display your shells? - by dave r - 03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
How do you display your shells? - by ex-traveler - 03-09-2010, 09:26 AM
How do you display your shells? - by rbs5 - 06-16-2010, 06:27 PM