Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large shell collection found
09-18-2012, 12:14 PM,
Large shell collection found
Hello all
I am NOT a shell collector, however while clearing out a room in my parents house, my wife and I came across a LARGE shell collection. We have NO CLUE what we have in terms of a collection. We are trying to sort them by common features and think we are doing ok. However, I am not sure how I should present this here on the forum. Is it ok to post multiple photos? Or should we do it in one shot?

A little more background. This collection is OLD. The collection was started by my grandfather when he was a kid, he passed away at the age of 77 in 1981. This collection has not seen the light of day since my grandmother passed away in 1987.

Thanks in advance for any help!

09-19-2012, 02:50 PM,
Re: Large shell collection found
Multiple pictures is okay, maybe 15 or 20 shells in a picture.  If you put too many shells in one picture, all the images are so small that similar species may be impossible to differentiate.  Also, small shells, an inch or less, have to be photographed pretty close up.  You can either post them here on this forum, or you can post them elsewhere, like personal web space or an image hosting website, and just post the URL links here.