Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Shell Collection for Sell
07-12-2017, 01:35 AM,
Large Shell Collection for Sell
Good Day all,

Forgive me if I am doing this incorrectly..I have never been on a forum before..so hopefully I am doing it right.

My husband and I inherited a large Shell Collection from my Father-in-law. It was accumulated thru the 70's and 80's. He would order and buy them from all over the world and they are quite beautiful. We are looking to relocate/downsize and are looking for a buyer. It's all in great order with papers and dates. Would any one be interested? We are located in the United States. Thank You!

10-28-2017, 02:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 02:14 PM by paul monfils.)
RE: Large Shell Collection for Sell
Hello,

I am a shell importer and dealer located in the NE United States. (I am also one of the moderators of this website.) I have been buying and selling collector shells for nearly 50 years. Actually, I have not purchased any additional shells in the past few years, as I intend to gradually deplete my current stock of several thousand shells. But I thought there is no harm in inquiring. What is the approximate number of shells you have? I ask because some people consider 100 shells a "large collection", while other collections include a thousand shells or more. Also, in what part of the United States are you located? I ask because shipping a large number of fragile shells can be a very difficult and expensive project.

Regards,
Paul Monfils