Forums SEASHELL-COLLECTOR

Full Version: Conus (Pionoconus) gauguini: Conoidea: Conidae
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not the most colorful example of this wonderful shell from French Polynesia but at least it's in my collection.

Jack
(06-22-2017, 09:21 AM)JackSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Not the most colorful example of this wonderful shell from French Polynesia but at least it's in my collection.

Jack

But the one I picked up last night is a lot prettier! 69 mm F+ & I won it against a lot of bidders.

Jack
Yes it is! Nice shell!
C. gauguini & its friends arrived from French Polynesia today. Beautifully packaged in a paper-covered cardboard box covered with wonderful French stamps. I haven't opened up the internal packaging with the shells yet. The seller included a detailed one page manifest & description of the shells contained in the box in the most beautiful cursive handwriting.

Jack
Hello !

I lived in MOOREA in French Polynesia from 2002 to 2004 but I did not have the opportunity to visit Marquesas Sad
So I did not collect any specimen of this awesome specie !

Bye
DAVID
(08-02-2017, 03:00 PM)david touitou Wrote: [ -> ]Hello !

I lived in MOOREA in French Polynesia from 2002 to 2004 but I did not have the opportunity to visit Marquesas Sad
So I did not collect any specimen of this awesome specie !

Bye
DAVID

My example was found in the Marquesas.

Jack
Yes, this is one is typical from MARQUESAS, the ones we find in MOOREA are now described as Conus bouteti and they are found usually quite deep : around 50-70 meters compared to the gauguini that can be found since 20m (sometimes less).

BYE
DAVID